
I thought this would be a good time to expand on Kathryn quick blog on our Goblin Valley trip. Just about a week ago Micah and I met Kathryn and Joe (her husband) down in the Valley of the Goblins. I knew absolutely NOTHING about this place, and since we had already decided to go I refused to look at pictures so the whole adventure would be a complete surprise. And surprised I was...
I don't know if you have ever been to Goblin Valley, but holy cow! You are driving along these flat roads with grass and tumbleweeds galore.

It looks like nothing more than poor farm land when all the sudden you come up over a hill and look down on to red mud mounds with shapes and faces and all sorts of interesting things. It is one of the strangest sites you will ever see. Micah and I had a blast running around taking pictures of all the stupid things we could come up with. You'll be quite surprised at the quality of the pictures considering all of them were taken with a timer. (That's what happens when you are the only two people

crazy enough to run around in the cold.) Kathryn and Joe and gone to the valley day before so we went to play after they left for home. At first we just ran around climbing on things. This was pretty crazy because it's not like rock climbing where your shoes have grip and the wall is stable. This is literally dirt that chips away every time you step on it. After a short while we broke out the camera and started snapping away. That is how we got some of the splendid shots you see here.
In short: Goblin Valley is AWESOME!!! I highly recommend it to anyone who likes to camp, loves to hike, or is just looking for a good day trip. What a fun location!! It is even great for kids. Even the tallest goblins aren't very high, and would be hard for little guys to get to. It's a great, safe place to run around and let loose. GO!
4 comments:
Your trip sounds so fun, and you two are mighty cute.
That looks so fun! What a great trip. Thanks for sharing, :)
Are you coming with us? Can we really do it in a day? If you have more pix, bring them Sunday! Glad you two had fun!
I loved seeing the pictures of all of you and of the scenery, and hearing more about the trip. And I love that you all went together. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment