I work with the Customer Support Department. I am currently on the Outbound Call team, which means for every
minute of each of my 6-hour shifts I call the homes of our customers (not as a solicitor) to thank them for their business and make sure everything is working ok. It may sound like it sucks, but the alternative is dealing with people who are calling in to the company, and, more often than not, they are upset about something! I like taking the initiative to contact people first because then they are actually grateful when I help them resolve the issues they wouldn't have otherwise had time to address.
minute of each of my 6-hour shifts I call the homes of our customers (not as a solicitor) to thank them for their business and make sure everything is working ok. It may sound like it sucks, but the alternative is dealing with people who are calling in to the company, and, more often than not, they are upset about something! I like taking the initiative to contact people first because then they are actually grateful when I help them resolve the issues they wouldn't have otherwise had time to address.I know it isn't career-type work, but they pay me well enough for being a college student working part-time. I feel like I'm good at my job and my efforts are appreciated. In fact, I have recently been informed I was voted Employee of the Month. Hooray! I have also been approached by my supervisors requesting I apply for open team lead, coaching, and training positions. While the pay raise would be nice, I have decided I need to stick with my current status, and current schedule if I am going to make it through the summer.
If I make it through the summer, I will officially be a BYU graduate! Exciting? I think so! ...Now no one can say I didn't give an update. If you don't know what is going on in my life it is because you stopped reading my blog! Love to all!
5 comments:
I didn't stop reading your blog! I check it several times a week! :) How great that you have a job that works well with your school schedule, and that you're doing so well. Employee of the Month?!? That's awesome.
I got Employee-of-the-every-other month. Is that half as good as yours?
I'm glad I wasn't totally out of the loop this time. I'm pretty excited for you to be through school, even if you are my baby and making me feel old.
And I'll never give up on your blog. Glad you don't.
Hello! This is the first time I've been on blogs since Saturday- and I checked yours!
But I already knew you had a job- joys of living near you! :)
Congrats on EOTM!
just for the record- I still check :)
I'm so excited i found your blog! I've become addicted to this stuff! SAD
Post a Comment