Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"I'm Lovin' It"

After the whole ordeal this morning, Micah took me to McDonald’s for breakfast. He wanted to calm me down and start to get the accident out of my head. I know what you are thinking, and no, McDonald’s is not usually my first choice for breakfast food (although it isn't low on the list by any means). The month of October, however, is MONOPOLY MONTH.

I don’t know what it is about paper boards and stickers with colored stripes, but they totally make me giddy. I have never won anything from this marketing scam, and I don’t even like the board game Monopoly, but McDonald’s has me hooked! We got a few game pieces we didn’t have before, one of which was given to us by an elderly fella. He got up and walked across the restaurant, asked us if we played the game and set two game pieces down on the table. We thanked him and he wished us well in our efforts. One piece was a repeat, but he gave us a pink - St. Charles Place, I think. Since we didn't have that (or any other pink properties) we took a mental note of his face with the intention of tracking him down to share the $1,000 if we win with pink properties.

After breakfast, Micah let me rent two movies from Redbox - Evening and Step Up. That's when I went home and I haven't left since.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hee hee! You make me laugh. :)
I have a few pieces I'll never use. Would you like those as well?

jenn said...

I have a couple pieces too! ;)