Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Legal Assistant
I guess now is as good a time as any to let everyone know I have a new position at work. Yes, most of you have already heard this news, but I decided I better get it posted as this is turning into the only journal of my life.
I HAVE A NEW JOB. Apparently they value me at work. I was just promoted to a Customer Support Team Lead on January 7, 2008. Now, six months later, on July 7, 2008, I was promoted/transferred to Legal Assistant. (That still sounds so cool to me!)
My responsibilities include corresponding with Attorneys, Attorneys General, customers, and other government agencies. I also talk with customers over the phone who are victims of theft, burglary, fraud, and fire damage. Together we decide on a resolution and I write up a Release and Settlement stating how much we owe them or they owe us and get everyone to sign it.
I am hoping to begin accompanying the General Counsel, my boss, to hearings where APX Alarm defends their position. I will get to sit in a court room, hear a plethora of legal jargon and seee APX come out on top. If you can't tell, I'm pretty excited about that.
While I find the work intriguing, and even exciting, I am slowly realizing that I don't think I want to go to law school. However, I would be happy to be a Legal Assistant or Paralegal for life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am so happy for you and your new job. Even more happy that you discovered your distaste for being a lawyer NOW and not after a year or two of pricey school! I still think your promotions earily coincide with visits from Joe and me.
I value you too. Love your new title and so glad you are enjoying your new job!
Ain't you somethin'? Pretty cool.
Do you remember that I was a juvenile court clerk in Las Vegas? The legal world is a very interesting place.
I've been wondering how you like it. I have no doubt you're up to the challenge.
I realized right around the time I got pregnant (the first time) that I have no desire in the slightest to go to Law School, although at first I was annoyed at my husband for stealing law school away from me. Now I feel indebted to my son every time someone mentions Law School, that I have a kid so I won't be going. I'm glad he came before I spent a year or two there like Kathryn said.
Post a Comment