Less than two weeks after we returned from a two week vacation, Micah and I packed our bags and hit the road. Our destination, PHOENIX. Kathryn had a baby while we were traveling the Big Apple and I really wanted to see how mommy and baby were adjusting.
Micah was trooper. We left late Thursday night (because I had to work) and Micah drove through the night to get me there. He let me sleep so I would be alert enough to hang out with Kathryn and baby Friday morning.
Most of the trip was spent chilaxin' (pronounced chill-axe-in) around the house. We did manage to get out for a brief hike at Papagos Park, dinner at Famous Dave's, as well as a walk around the neighborhood for some fresh air. However, we made the trip to see Kathryn's new family and have quality conversation time. We got just what we wanted and more.
WE ARE SO GLAD WE MADE THE TRIP.
Again, Micah was a trooper when we headed out Sunday afternoon and drove us all the way to St. George. Eliza was a peach and let us crash on her couch and then I dropped Micah at work Monday morning. The weekend was far too short, but worth it to see Kathryn, Joe and little Birdie.
I almost forgot! We also made a quick pit stop at the Hoover Dam. Technically it was Micah's second visit to the dam, but being the driver both trips, he'd never actually seen anything. Here's are photo-op from the wee small hours of the morning.
Sidenote: If you were wondering, the title "in need of a break" has as much to do with needing a break from NYC posts as it does with needing a break from life in the real world. Do not fret, NYC posts shall return. The task just seems daunting today.
2 comments:
I wish I could have come but look forward to holding her baby at Christmas. You got your time so Christmas is MINE! And seeing as how she was a measly (yes, I said measly!) 4lbs. 13 oz. when she was born, she won't be "too big" by December!
Looks like you had fun! I love quick trips like that!
Post a Comment