Saturday, June 06, 2009

Back to School??

No, this is not an announcement that I am planning to further my education.
Every fall when "Back to School" inevitably rolls around, I am so happy to be out of school.  I love to learn, but I am not a student.  Although I could, I do not excel in a classroom.  I don't like having homework.  I don't like listening to long lectures, especially when I'm forced to take a course as a GE requirement and I'm not even interested in the subject!  I do not want to be in school.
HOWEVER!  That being said, I attended school for 17.5 of my 24.5 years of life.  I am programmed to be on a school schedule. Now is a bad time of the year to be on a school schedule.  It is seriously affecting my work, and not in a positive way.  I have ZERO motivation.
I need a vacation.  I know, I recently went to Texas and spent 10 stress free days with my parents.  When I left Utah to go to Texas, it was still rainy and cold.  
Now it's sunny. Now it's warm.  
Now it feels like summer. Now I need a vacation.  
I need to go to the beach, lay in the sand, and work on my tan.  Oh, and I need my husband to come with me to help me build sand castles.  
CURSE SCHOOL FOR PROGRAMMING ME THIS WAY!

3 comments:

Amy said...

ahh yes vacation sounds pretty nice right now! Hope you get to go on one. I still feel like the school schedule, it's not the funnest but I think we'll feel that way forever cuz then once you have kids it starts all over again!

jenn said...

curse school.
I want to go to the beach too.
Let's go!

note: I'm totally tired so I didn't blog today but I am SO glad I checked your blog and got to see so many posts! You should post more often ;)

le said...

right now its pretty rainy and cold