Saturday, June 27, 2009

Highly Complimentary

If you follow my blog, you may remember my post from about three weeks ago regarding the song, "If You Go Away." It is one of those haunting tunes that lingers with you through the years.
For three weeks I have been searching to find the version that I so vividly recall in my mind.  I listened to every snip-it available through the ITunes Store and watched every video variation on YouTube.  I still cannot find it.
I have known this song for as long as I can remember, so I assume my parents must know it too.  I called my mom and she solved the mystery.
My sister, Kathryn, sang this song for a voice/choir class she took in school.  
Her practices are possibly the only audible variation I'd heard of the song prior to three weeks ago.  It is her voice that carries the devastating tune through my head.  I don't believe that I can give her any higher compliment that to have carried her voice with me for these many years.  Thank you, Kathryn! 
If you're interested, the closest sound I could match to the voice in my head (Kathryn) was performed by Dusty Springfield.

2 comments:

The Jacksons said...

Why, thank you, Angela! After I read your blog about this I started searching myself for what you wanted, clearly not realizing that you were thinking of me. Silly.

jenn said...

That is a high compliment. I still don't know the song and can't follow the link since we disabled youtube.