Tuesday, June 02, 2009

If You Go Away

I cannot be the only person in the world who knows the song "If You Go Away." I had to learn it somewhere, hear it from someone, listen to it with other people in the room, etc. This song has been in my head for a while. I keep singing it to myself and occassionally busting out in song. What is the problem, you might ask. Answer: I don't know all the words. Correction, I'm not sure I know half of the words. The few words I remember don't go in order. I really want to listen to the song and learn it so that when lyrics explode from my lips the moment lasts longer than 7 seconds. I searched my IPod, but apparently I don't own the rights to the song because it wasn't on there. I searched the ITunes store and listened to clips of every version they had available. After listening to 30+ clips of the same song, none of them were close to the version I know. My dearest friends and family, HELP ME! Who sings a good version of this song? The version I'm thinking of is sung by a woman. It's classic and pretty and evokes emotion (because it's quite the depressing song), but it isn't trendy, grungy, funky, bluesy, jazzy, etc. Belinda Carlisle and Cyndi Lauper are not cutting it.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I have no idea who sings a good version of the song, but I can sure get you the words. It's in a piano book Mom has. I've been playing it quite a bit since I got here, or at least trying to. I love the song! If you find a good vocal version, I'd love to know.

georgia-mom said...

Kathryn sang it for a class grade with Mrs. Johnson, so you may have heard her practicing it as I played for her. That's the best version I know of. We surely can get you the words.

jenn said...

I don't know the song. Sorry.