Tuesday, April 05, 2011

day5 - your favorite memory

Well ... one time, at band camp... THIS IS THE WORST PROMPT EVER!


How does one pick a favorite memory? The most thrilling? heart-warming? recent? remarkable? ridiculous? Once the swirl of memories begins, how could one pluck a single incident from the tumult and honestly claim its a favorite?? Preposterous.


Here's a good memory: Cornbelly's Corn Maze @ Thanksgiving Point in 2007 or 2008
Desperate for a date night, Micah and I decided to hit up Cornbelly's on the last night of the season (a couple days after Halloween). There was so much to do and I had way more fun than expected.

  • Got lost in the corn maze that was mostly knocked down.
  • Finally made Victory Bridge at the end.
  • Completed a "No Left Turn" Maze.
  • "Drove" a train.
  • Took a wagon ride.
  • Drank hot apple cider.
  • Roped a plastic bull.
  • Stuck our faces in animal cut-outs.
  • Jumped on a large... thing. I'm sorry. I don't know what it is. Think of one of those parachutes you use to play elementary school games. Triple the size and quadruple the thickness/durability. Fill it with air and jump on it like a trampoline. It's a suprisingly good time!
  • Immitated scarecrows.
  • Judged a tower of carved pumpkins.
  • Watched a pig race.
  • Shared an elephant ear.
  • And - for once - took a lot of pictures.  Here are just a few:

3 comments:

jenn said...

Cute photos of some super cute people who are in some of my favorite memories!

I want to jump on a large... thing. ;)

jenn said...

Oh- and ditto to "worst prompt ever."

You said it more eloquently than I did, but I whole-heartedly agree that the idea is preposterous!

georgia-mom said...

That's just too much fun for one day. I love how last-minute things turn out sometimes. But then you two know how to have fun.