Saturday morning Kathryn and Joe had planned to make breakfast for all of us. Unfortunately during the winter months the ranger locks up the firewood in a large cage and isn't manning to booth for us to buy some. (Keep in mind, we are in the desert so firewood isn't exactly there in abundance.) Since they had no way of building a fire to cook on they took off for the valley and went hiking. Micah and I met up with them there at the top of the valley and together we headed back to camp. Upon arrival Kathryn went to the tub of food she had brought, and every single package had been torn open by the birds. Assuming the plastic wrapping would be enough to trap the smell, the food was left out. Now the hot dog buns were half eaten, the trail mix was opened and poured out, and all other packages were torn up. Kathryn paced back and forth yelling at the birds and cleaning up the mess. I couldn't help but laugh. Micah and I took some pictures of the culprits so that she can never forget those DUMB birds.
Tuesday, February 28, 2006
"D*** BIRD!"
Ok, the bird story. It really is quite simple, and probably only funny to those who were there to witness it, but here it is:
Saturday morning Kathryn and Joe had planned to make breakfast for all of us. Unfortunately during the winter months the ranger locks up the firewood in a large cage and isn't manning to booth for us to buy some. (Keep in mind, we are in the desert so firewood isn't exactly there in abundance.) Since they had no way of building a fire to cook on they took off for the valley and went hiking. Micah and I met up with them there at the top of the valley and together we headed back to camp. Upon arrival Kathryn went to the tub of food she had brought, and every single package had been torn open by the birds. Assuming the plastic wrapping would be enough to trap the smell, the food was left out. Now the hot dog buns were half eaten, the trail mix was opened and poured out, and all other packages were torn up. Kathryn paced back and forth yelling at the birds and cleaning up the mess. I couldn't help but laugh. Micah and I took some pictures of the culprits so that she can never forget those DUMB birds.
Saturday morning Kathryn and Joe had planned to make breakfast for all of us. Unfortunately during the winter months the ranger locks up the firewood in a large cage and isn't manning to booth for us to buy some. (Keep in mind, we are in the desert so firewood isn't exactly there in abundance.) Since they had no way of building a fire to cook on they took off for the valley and went hiking. Micah and I met up with them there at the top of the valley and together we headed back to camp. Upon arrival Kathryn went to the tub of food she had brought, and every single package had been torn open by the birds. Assuming the plastic wrapping would be enough to trap the smell, the food was left out. Now the hot dog buns were half eaten, the trail mix was opened and poured out, and all other packages were torn up. Kathryn paced back and forth yelling at the birds and cleaning up the mess. I couldn't help but laugh. Micah and I took some pictures of the culprits so that she can never forget those DUMB birds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Okay, that is a really funny story. I'm sorry, Kathryn. I really am. But it is dang funny.
I'm laughing too. Did you ever get breakfast?
I would totally be cursing the birds too Kathryn! Let the others laugh!
Thanks for sharing all about your trip Angela! It has been so fun to hear about it and now I really want to go (and that is saying something!)
No mom, no breakfast. Kathryn and Joe went in to town to get some doughnuts, but Micah and I suffered through until lunchtime. (Not too difficult when we didn't even get up until 11am.)
I'm kind of disturbed by the aggressiveness of those birds, but must say it's a funny story.
I once had a bag of chips (they were opened though) swiped at the beach by some seagulls. Their manners were appalling.
Post a Comment