Thursday, February 23, 2006

Valentine's Day

This year Valentine's Day was the pits! I know it should've been a day to remember seeing as it was my first as a married woman, but unfortunately that was impossible. I got up first thing and got myself ready for the day (shower and all) then I hit the books and studied all morning long. I worked from noon to 4, had class from 4 to 8 which included an in-class exam, and I then studied another hour before hitting up the testing center to take my New Testament test which I had to PAY $4.75 to take. Needless to say, when I arrived home around 10:30 from my moderately stressful day I was hardly in the mood to celebrate. Micah and I contemplated watching a movie and cuddling but alas, we both had tests the next morning so again we hit the books. Days like this make me wonder, "what will life be like when I am no longer a student?" I have been a student for the last 16 years of my life. I don't know what it means to not have homework and written/oral/multiple choice exams. Oh how great life will be when the only tests I have to endure are in life, about life. There is some relief found in tests outside of textbook knowledge. Hopefully I'll score a little higher on those. Well, I must admit Valentine's was not a complete loss. I did find a way to let my husband know I love him no matter what day of the year it is. We had a happy un-Valentine's Day on Wednesday when we were both stress free. I made him his favorite muffins (thanks to Jenn for giving me the mix), and bought some of his favorite candy bars. The cheesy results are on display in the picture posted above.
"Each of us should go home ... with a stronger resolve in our hearts to live worthy of the companionship of those who love us most and whom we should love and honor and respect without reservation." -President Gordon B. Hinckley

6 comments:

Jill said...

That "cheesy" display so is so cute. I love stuff like that and it's so great that you did that. Don't let the novelty of marriage or your giddiness for Micah fade away. It's stuff like that that you'll remember forever.

Elizabeth said...

You're so awesome. I never would have come up with something that clever and cute. I'm glad the two of you found a time to celebrate, even if it's not on the exact day. I actually like that better. Gifts from the heart are WAY better than gifts because you should.

jenn said...

Valentine's was no big deal for us either. But the candy message is WAY cute and Jill is right- do that all your married life! happy un-valentine's day to you both!

jenn said...

and GREAT quote at the end! should I know where you found that?

Micah said...

I'll confess... on Valentine's Day the Student Honor Association was handing out Valentine's with candy attached and that was the quote on their Valentine's to the student body. I don't know where they got it, but I REALLY like it.

georgia-mom said...

I too love the quote and what you did and seeing you two together. It makes me happy.