Inability to post without a picture runs in my family. This is Micah and I in Jackson, WY,
on the 4th of July. Not far from this spot we witnessed the best firework show I have ever seen and I got to do all that with the love of my life!
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
First Anniversary
Ok, technically I missed my one year anniversary but only by one day. ONE DAY! You can forgive me for that, right? I thought I joined the blogging world with open arms, but apparently I kept my distance. In 366 days I have created 16 posts (this actually makes #17) and have only posted 15 of them. I have been absent from the blogging world for as long as 4 and a half months at a time, and I have had very little to say other than recapping my long absences. Unfortunately, I am not here to tell you my New Year's resolution is to be a better blogger and keep you all in the loop. I will, however, tell you all that I love you, that I had a great year, and I am looking forward to all the fun and excitement 2007 will bring.
In 2006 I enjoyed my first year of marriage. I also made my first trip to Mexico on the first cruise of my life, and I starting my first year as a senior in college. Some other firsts included working construction, visiting Yellowstone and Teton National Parks, camping with my husband, hiking/playing at Goblin Valley, going to Wyoming, having a pet spider, living in 4 states in 3 months, hitting 100,000 miles on my first car, and suffering medical bills for the first broken bone in my family. It may not sound like a very exciting year, but I assure you we enjoyed every minute of it (even the days in the hospital)!
Inability to post without a picture runs in my family. This is Micah and I in Jackson, WY,
on the 4th of July. Not far from this spot we witnessed the best firework show I have ever seen and I got to do all that with the love of my life!
In 2007 I look forward to college graduation. I will officially be able to change my blog from "Life as a Student" to just plain "LIFE." This year I will step outside of the education bubble I have been enclosed in for nearly 18 years. I am happy to leave behind the homework, but I hope that through the transition I never lose my passion for learning. I want to live life outside of school while remaining a student forever. In the spirit of blogging tradition I will pick a word to focus on and learn about and appreciate and understand and any other thing I can do with a single word in a single year.
My word for 2007 is: STANDARD
I don't mean standard in that it is average or normal. Standard as a morals or ethics; standard as a model for the basis of judgment; standard as something upright. As I focus on the many aspects of my word, I hope this year I will raise my standards (meaning my morals), become a standard (model) for others to follow, especially in that I remain upright and a support for myself and others to lean on. Yay for words!
Inability to post without a picture runs in my family. This is Micah and I in Jackson, WY,
on the 4th of July. Not far from this spot we witnessed the best firework show I have ever seen and I got to do all that with the love of my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a wonderful post to come back with! It sounds like you had a wonderful year FULL of firsts! What wonderful experiences to have. I love the word you chose for yourself. What a great way to live! I haven't picked one yet because I don't want to steel Jenn's, but I can't think of one I want any more than that! But Standard is definitely a great one to have! I LOVE YOU!!
You DID post! :)
You did have a great year of firsts and I am SO excited for your next year- college graduate! Impressive! You know, you don't even have to change the name of your blog if you want to be a student of life, learning always... love and share that sentiment!
Excellent word! I am loving this single word motivation- it is really working for me!
SO, SO happy to see a post from you! LOVE YOU!!
They say "a watched pot never boils." The minute I stop watching, you boil (post). I'm so glad.
What a year of firsts! What a year period.
And what a life ahead of you. I'm very pleased and impressed, glad and grateful that you will graduate college, even if I have trouble thinking of my baby that way. Way to go.
I love your choice of words, too. Standard is a word I use a lot in my calling, and I appreciate all the ways you define it.
People have always looked up to you as a standard, and it has little to do with your height. Standing upright isn't just physical. The world is a better place because you are in it.
Post a Comment