Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Headline Update

As some of you may have notice, I have changed the title of my blog from "Life as a Student," to "Student of Life." The reason for this seems obvious; I graduated from college August 16, 2007. In contemplating what I should make my new title I considered how I see myself and what I want my life to be. The only thing I've ever really felt gifted at is learning. I pick up things quickly, I can retain them extensively, and, for the most part, I enjoy it.

After four years of school at Suquamish Elementary, one year at Gordon Elementary, two years at Oak Hill Elementary, two years at Center Jr. High School, four months at Dowell Middle School, four years at McKinney High School, and four years at BYU, my formal education is complete (at least, for a while). I have now left a life of midterms, term papers, flash cards, and homework. My hope is that I will embark on a life of experience, learning, exploration, and knowledge. It is time to put aside deadlines and study out in my mind what I want to better understand.
P.S. I am, of course, open to hearing any tidbits of information from you, the wiser generation.

7 comments:

georgia-mom said...

I LOVE your new title! Very appropo.
Obviously you don't need any advice. You've figured things out pretty well on your own.
Congratulations again on being a finisher, and on not being finished. Both will serve you well.

Elizabeth said...

The wiser generation? Way to make a sister feel old! I think the title is very fitting for you. Your love of learning is a gift and a talent, one that I'm sure will serve you your entire life. I look forward to watching you learn through life.

jenn said...

Learning is so much more fun when midterms are NOT part of the learning process!

jenn said...

cute new pix too!

jenn said...

Hey Nana!
Thanks for all the responses on my blog posts! That made me happy!

I wish you were a stay at home anything so we could see more of you. I hope David arranges a swim party we can all be at because it was very fun!

We grew up in the same house. These are new recipes. In fact- I made up the bagel one! We just finished potato chowder and it is just good. Hope you like it too!

I can't wait to see you! love YOU!!

jenn said...

Do you ever forget what you were really doing in a matter of seconds?

I came over to your blog to make sure you got a response to your question about our family pictures. Duh.

Yes, we took them on Monday night. Emily was pouting or hiding for almost every shot. Ethan couldn't find the camera to look at. I had pink eye... I have not seen the pictures yet, but am not holding my breath for anything more than the mess that we are!

le said...

Congrats! Being graduated is great. This is the first autumn since I was 4 that I haven't been in school, and boy am I enjoying it. I laugh an evil noise when I think about all those people in school. Luckily I don't have to think about starting school in the fall for another 3 or 4 years.