So, the worst part about being in this accident is that it was my fault. Absolutely, no questions asked, 100%, MY FAULT. I was driving to work this morning and there is a roundabout intersection I pass through about a half mile from my home. This morning, I slowed as I approached the roundabout, looked left to see if anyone was attempting to enter the intersection or was already in the intersection. I then looked forward to see if there was anyone already in my path or moving into it, and then left again just to be sure nothing had changed in the second or two that had passed. Seeing no one, I began to accelerate.
In my defense, I was driving to work shortly before
Now, as I accelerated into the intersection, the nose of a dark colored car peaked out of the sunspot. I knew I was about to collide with it, so I hit my breaks and veered hard right. For a brief moment I considered going left behind the back of car – opposite of the flow of traffic – but realized I would totally wipe out of the whole rear of the car if I did that. So, I continued right and to my dismay the car, who hadn’t seen me, was exiting the roundabout. She straightened out from her turn making it impossible for me to avoid hitting her. So, today I’ve hit a milestone. Today I was in my first car accident (as a driver). For my first accident, I was at fault.
4 comments:
A new post from Anana? A new post from Anana?? I'm so glad to see a new post, but so sorry it was on something so icky. I'm glad you're ok. That's the most important thing. To go 7 years without an accident is a pretty great record. I didn't make it 7 months. I'm not sure I even made it 7 weeks! I hope it's not too hard to get your car fixed up and back to normal. Just think, you don't have to worry about this again for another 7 years!
I'm so glad to see you post again. :)
I'm glad you're okay too! Sure wrecks a day, doesn't it? (pun accidental)
Suggestion: when you give your report to the insurance company, do not say it was your fault. Just describe what happened and let them decide. Sometimes there are other issues and it's not as cut and dried as you may think.
what a lousy milestone! I am SO glad you are okay!
still trying to decide how I feel about it taking a car accident to get you to post on your blog! I was going to say, whatever it takes but I certainly wouldn't hope for a car accident! I am just SO glad you posted! and again, that you are okay!!
I am impressed in with your clear thinking during the whole thing. I would have totally freaked out and probably accelerated instead of slamming on the breaks. ps my hubby is on a campout, so I'm catching up on my internet's saved bookmarks, to pass the time.
Post a Comment