Monday, September 14, 2009

A Day of Rest?

Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest, right?  Apparently, Micah and I never learned that.  This past Sunday we visited my family, Micah's family, and went to a friend's open house.

We played with Kathryn, Joe & Avery first thing in the morning.  We then headed to church where we taught Primary and led Sharing Time.  At home we grabbed a snack and changed into more comfortable clothes so we could go for a ride on our motorcycles.

We rode 35 miles to visit Micah's parents' place.  Micah's little brother, Daniel, hadn't seen the new bike yet so we had to show it off.  We then drove 45 miles to drop the bike at Dave and Kristy's place.  Dave has a buddy who is doing some work on Micah's bike and I haven't technically purchased Kristy's yet, so we returned both. 

Micah's car was parked at Dave's place so we drove his car 55 miles to attend a wedding open house of Micah's good friend, Bryan.  We arrived 30 minutes after the open house ended and barely caught the happy couple as they were loading the car to leave for the honeymoon.

We then drove 55 miles back to Dave and Kristy's place to do a little online helmet shopping, play a little NES, and a lot of Beatles Rock Band (sweet game, by the way).  With nearly 10 hours passed and another 39 mile drive we were home again.  All told, according to Google Maps, we drove 229 miles.

Now I need a weekend to rest from my weekend.

1 comment:

jenn said...

REST definitely has a different meaning when being applied to Sundays. Sad I wasn't on the list for this particular Sunday! Especially since I SO want to play The Beatles Rock Band!!!