(pictures forthcoming)
Micah has ridden several times with my brothers and is quickly mastering the art. I, on the other hand, have missed nearly every riding session. Either my bike, which is an automatic (no clutch), wasn't available or I had to work instead. Despite my lack of experience, Dave was kind enough to let me borrow the automatic this past weekend.
Micah and I had big plans to ride so that I would have some hours under my belt before the driving test on September 24th. On Friday we rode from my work to Jenn's house (approximately 25 minutes). We then rode home from Jenn's house around 11:30 pm (approximately 35 minutes). On Saturday I drove to Smith's grocery store and back (roundtrip, less than 10 minutes). Clearly this wasn't turning out to be the riding weekend we'd hoped for.
Sunday, however, we changed this all around. Micah and I drove nearly 100 miles from our house to Micah's parents place and then up to Dave and Kristy's. All-in-all, I feel like I rode a lot, I feel like I rode well, and I feel like I rode under several different driving conditions which just improved my skills as a rider.
Here are some of my firsts from my Sunday ride:
- Rode through construction.
- Rode through the canyons.
- Rode faster than 55 miles per hour. I HIT 75 MPH!!!
- Rode in the rain. Rain HURTS at 75 MPH
- Rode in high winds. While riding through the canyons I rounded a corner entirely by the force of wind. I didn't have to lean or turn at all. It was then that I thought, "This might be a stupid idea." Oh well... we arrived safe and sound, right?
- Rode through a sprinkler at 30 MPH. Stupid, sprinkler.
- Stood up on the pegs while riding at 20 MPH. No, I don't know what possessed me to do that.
- Rode for longer than 35 minutes at a time.
- Rode in the dark.
- We rode just Micah and I. No brothers were there to coach us through.
- Micah ran out of gas and had to use his tank reserve.
- I filled up the gas tank.
- I gave the motorcycle wave. Can a girl be in the brotherhood?
When are you getting a bike to come ride with us?
2 comments:
Never. Sorry.
But I think you are SO cool riding your bike! And I'm glad you and Micah are having fun.
And I was not aware of this? That's way cool that you guys got motorcycles, and I hope your having a great time!
Post a Comment