Saturday, September 05, 2009

I SURVIVED

My last post was about Micah and I running our first 5K. As I'm sure you read, I was SUPER nervous about it and I promised to update you on the outcome. From my lack of blog posts, I'm sure some of you considered that I may have keeled over and died during the run. I am writing today to ensure you that I survived my first 5K.
Micah and I got up early (note in the picture that the sun had not yet risen over the mountains), we ran hard (well... Micah ran hard), and WE FINISHED!! My purdy (aka pretty) white shoes are now obnoxiously brown because it was a trail run, but I think it was worth it.
My sister, a veteran runner, and her family drove all the way down to Mona to run with us. I ran more than half of the race with my niece, Kate, and I highly recommend her as a running companion. Thanks for running at my pace, Kate!!
Now I should tell you about the great breakfast I ate and the post-run festivities I enjoyed, but I didn't stick around to experience any of those things. I grabbed my goodie bag (which I still haven't looked through) and drove straight to the airport for a quick trip to Phoenix to visit another sister of mine. In fact, the only pictures I have of Micah and me are in the car on the way to the airport.
More to come on my Phoenix trip...

3 comments:

jenn said...

Of course you survived! And you should totally run another 5K!! When did you want to race?!!

(We were sad you had to take off for the airport. We ended up at Cracker Barrel and SO wanted you and Micah to join us! Breakfast after a race is at least half the fun of race days!)

jenn said...

(Since you didn't post yesterday- does that mean this is not the start of your 11 day streak to beat me?!!)

Micah said...

We should do that again... Same time next year...