Aren't seagulls fun?!?!?
Saturday, November 18, 2006
SEAGULLS!
You would think having grown up in Washington, less than a mile from the Sound, that I would have had my fill of seagulls. Seagulls are loud. Seagulls eat your picnic food when you aren't looking. Seagulls poop EVERYWHERE! I spent a lot of time outside in my childhood and I am sure I hated the seagulls.
Well, apparently the hate is gone. Don't get me wrong, they are still as obnoxious as ever, and I still THINK I hate them, but looking over my trip to California this summer it became apparent that as often as seagulls were on the scene in my childhood, they have become a part of the child in me.
Here I am in San Francisco. "What's that you are doing, Angela?" Well, I am feeding the seagulls pieces of bread from my clam chowder bowl so they become so dependent on human food they steal your picnic food while you are not looking.
Here I am in Santa Cruz. "What's that you are doing, Angela?" A trip to the beach is not a trip to the beach without the ever-present seagulls. I am running as fast as I can while making loud honking noises (like a duck, not a truck) to frighten to birds up into the air where they will inevitably poop on me.
Aren't seagulls fun?!?!?
Aren't seagulls fun?!?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
seagulls ARE obnoxious!
and how the heck did you find time to post before leaving for Mexico? sheesh! you could have come and cleaned a toilet for me! :)
You are hilarious! Having never left the seagulls, I'm with Jenn; they're obnoxious! But I'm glad you can find fun in them!
Post a Comment