Wednesday, April 06, 2011

day6 - a person you would love to trade places with for a day

If I could trade places for one day, I would trade with this woman.  (No, I don't know her.)
If I were in a wheelchair, no one would judge me if I chose to spend the entire day reading books.  I have several sitting on a shelf right now that I am anxious to crack open.

On the flip side, this woman would have one whole day to do anything she wanted with the use of her legs - run a marathon, walk down the aisle, skip to the lou, etc.

4 comments:

jenn said...

Interesting.

I did think of trading Kelly places so that he and I would have a better understanding of what the other does. Maybe I should consider that idea harder.

megan said...

How kind ;) Interesting choice... would you let me ride around for a while in the wheel chair?

Joe said...

MMMM...I don't know whether you are being like Katniss (Hunger Games) here or not. I think you are being selfless for the lady who can't walk but at the same time you are being selfish with wanting not to be judged during your reading.

georgia-mom said...

This is an extremely thoughtful and compassionate post. Thanks for reminding us of better things.